who we are and what we stand for
Ralph Moyle is an experienced packaging consultant with an extensive knowledge in the manufacturing industry.
Through a unique range of senior management experiences in Packaging, Operations, Technical and Quality Assurance in a large and medium FMCG businesses, Ralph brings increased value to a business through the value of smarter packaging at less waste.
Ralph’s packaging knowledge has resulted in successful contemporary designs and material selections, improved shelf life, lower material costs, shorter supply chains and environmentally-friendly selections that have provided greater economic value to his customers.
- Director (Packaging Solutions with Ralph Moyle P/L)
- Packaging and Processing (Simplot Australia Pty Ltd.)
- National President (2012-2015) (Australian Institute of Packaging.)
- Operations & QA Manager (Roma Food Products)
- Packaging Innovation Manager (Golden Circle Ltd)
- Technical & Operations Project Manager (Golden Circle Ltd)
- Technical Services Manager (Tweed Valley Fruit Processors)
- Operations Manager (Tweed Valley Fruit Processors)
- Technical Manager (Tweed Valley Fruit Processors)
- Quality Assurance Advisor (INC Bangkok, Thailand)
- Factory Manager (Plumrose P/L (Now Simplot))
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) 2014
- AIP National President 2012 – 2014.
- AIP National Vice President 2011
- AIP Victorian Chairman 2008 – 2010
- AIP Queensland Chairman 2005 – 2007
- Author of numerous packaging articles in the Australian Industry press.
- 2006 Australian Packaging Awards – Silver Award.
- Overall Winner “Best Action Plan” and Category Winner “Best Beverage Packaging Action Award” at the inaugural Packaging Magazine Evolution Awards in 2006. The Packaging Magazine Evolution Awards were initiated to recognise and reward brand owners’ excellence in packaging waste management under the Australian Packaging Covenant. These annual awards have gained significant industry recognition for the standard they set.
- Packaging Magazine Evolution Awards Category winner – Beverage, 2007.
- Co-writer of the AFGC Retail Ready Packaging: A Focus on Shelf ready Packaging. An Industry Toolkit.
- Led a project to move all Golden Circle cartons/shippers to Shelf Ready formats to meet the demands of the two main retailers in 2004, 2004 and 2006.
The outcome of this project was a leading program in Australia at the time. These formats are still in use today.
- Amcor Packaging Solutions use Shelf Ready designs from this project in their promotional material as benchmarks of successful Shelf Ready designs that meet retailer requirements.
- Establish a central testing laboratory in Bangkok, Thailand, to serve present and future operational sites manufacturing infant milk powder products. The core purpose was to maintain a control on raw materials and co-packed products originating from New Zealand and Europe.
- Implemented efficient thermal processes for canned products.
- Commissioned a new Spring Water processing and filling lines for PET bottling and Tetra Pak aseptic packs valued at AUS$1.3 million.
- Commissioned a new Scholle Aseptic Bag in box processing and filling line, valued at AUS$900,000.
- Designed, implemented, trialled and validated a range of 4 new glass jars for a major FMCG manufacturer. This resulted in an average glass weight reduction of 9%, reduced closure costs, significantly improved handling and opening qualities.
- Led projects in Shelf Ready packaging transition projects since 2004 with large and medium FMCG food and Pharmaceutical companies.
- Involved in Shelf Ready packaging transition projects since 2004 with large and medium FMCG food companies
- Implemented award winning Australian Packaging Covenant Actions Plans.
- Led a project team to introduce a range of PET long life juice bottles that met both Marketing and Operational KPIs of timely introduction, improved market share, higher line speeds and lower yield losses. After 3 months, sales exceeded forecast
- Led a project to provide contemporary glass and cap designs. Objectives were met with a new supplier with a reduced set-up costs and reduced supply chain delivery, lower unit costs, lower operational yield losses and reduced consumer complaints.
- Implemented HACCP and Quality Manuals for high risk Allergen-Free and Baby Food manufacturing environments.
- Technical implementation of aseptic technology in the areas of bulk bags and plastic form fill and seal cups.
- Implemented award winning Australian Packaging Covenant Action Plans.
- Conduct research projects into extending shelf life of fruit juices in alternative plastic bottles
- Provided alternative packaging formats for cordial products to handle reduced preservative levels.
- Resolved cordial capping issues through appropriate matching of materials, capping equipment and specifications.
- Led a cross-functional project team that developed a range of sugar-free jams. This involved sourcing from new overseas suppliers and developing new packaging formats.
- Resolved carton-gluing issues, introduced SOPs for operators and implemented further cost down projects on rationalisation of adhesives.
- Implemented a program of down- gauging of cartons and rationalisation of carton board grades. This was supported by a program to reduce the number of carton variants from >550 to < 150 providing further inventory and storage savings. This program enhanced a B2B program with procurement.
- Implemented numerous pallet utilisation programs.
- Implemented and trained a Thai-staffed Sensory Evaluation panel in Bangkok, Thailand, to evaluate and maintain the smell, taste and texture standards of all products.